The heart of Summer is here and I love getting my family out of the house for daily activities. With two littles, sometimes it’s just to the backyard, but hey we’re still out of the house.
- Picnic Blanket: First you’ll need something to sit on. Instead of bringing a blanket from home, I’ll typically opt for an actual picnic blanket. They’re much larger and some are even waterproof. I’ve linked a few of my favorites below.
- Food Carrier/ Picnic Basket: You’ll need something to carry your food/snacks in! I’ve linked my favorites below (all on Amazon!). I also like that Ava has her own picnic basket. She loves adding in her own items and truly enjoys packing her basket because it helps her feel independent and confident.
- Yummy Snacks: I love making a snack board! While I’d love to say my kid ate the carrots and broccoli, that’s not the case. She dove straight for the chocolate and Oreos. Guess what? I’m OK with that! My goal is to offer her both foods knowing one day she will eat the healthier items to.
- Camera: During any season of these little people years, we make sure to bring our camera EVERYWHERE. I’m so persistent on bringing it whenever we’re outside or leaving the house for a family day. I know that my girls will only be little for so long. I want to remember them the years where they wanted their mommy to join them in play and screamed for joy when she did so.
- Large Buggy: I spent one too many trips
I hope this article was helpful. If you have a product that you can’t live without for your picnicking enjoyment let me know.