This post is long overdue! We’ve been trying out this stroller for a couple months, so I wanted to write a review of the Chicco Bravo For 2 and KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat. After having Ava, I was pretty familiar with the majority of baby brands. When I became pregnant with Owen, I knew I needed a double stroller and asked for recommendations. Chicco was a brand people kept recommending over and over. The new mom in me had worn off. I knew the most expensive product wasn’t necessarily the best (especially all those expensive baby clothes I bought for Ava only to be ruined after one blow out).
My main must-haves when looking into new baby products for Owen were durability, budget friendly, yet still stylish. Chicco meets all those needs! With over 60 years of experience, they’ve maintained a great reputation and that makes choosing things like car seats and strollers easier for parents. Let’s break down both. I’ll start with the stroller and then review the car seat further down the page.
What I Love About The Bravo For 2:
- For being a double stroller, it’s quite compact! The versatility of the second seat is what makes it so slim in my opinion. Ava is only two, so when picking out a stroller, I knew I still needed a seat for her. On the Bravo For 2, the second seat can either be a seat with a harness (seen below) or it can be a ride on where there are handles your child can hold on to and face forward.
2. Adaptability – With Owen, we are also using the Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat. The KeyFit 30 fits easily over the front seat on the stroller. Simply fold the front seat over and place the car seat on top. Once you hear the click, it’s locked in. SO SIMPLE!
3. Canopy Reach – In Texas, it gets hot early in the year and stays hot pretty much through October/November. I love how the canopy can cover both of my babies.
4. One handed open/close –
What I Love About The KeyFit30 Car Seat:
- The car seat weighs under 10 lbs and is the #1 rated car seat in America. Two very important reasons it has been my go to this time around.
2. Another feature I love is the base the car seat comes with. This was new technology to me since Ava’s car seat didn’t have this. It has a Recline Sure leveling foot and Ride Right bubble levels. The Ride Right bubble levels look like the tool you use when leveling a picture frame or mirror on a wall. They show when the bubbles are centered (aka leveled). If they’re leaning more towards the left or right, this is where the Recline Sure leveling foot comes in handy!
3. The car seat comes in several colors. It comes in traditional colors such as black and grey, but it also is available in a polka dot, navy, and green.
There you have it! The Bravo For 2 Double Stroller is a great option for moms looking for a double stroller that will safely accommodate 4 lb babies (with infant seat) all the way up to 40 lb children. Its compact size is perfect for saving space and gets an A+. If you’re in the market for either a stroller or 3 seat, I would definitely recommend these to a new mama or to add to a registry. If you have any questions, leave them below!