I cannot believe I’m in my third trimester! It’s definitely gone by faster than my pregnancy with Ava. I’m sure having a toddler, buying a new house and moving everything in has something to do with it. To help out my fellow mamas, I’ve rounded up my top 8 maternity essentials. I hope this is helpful and that it will make your pregnancy a little easier!
1. Prenatal Vitamins – Self explanatory as to why this is #1! One thing people don’t tell you is your body is going to react differently to different brands of vitamins, so it’s important to make sure you find one that works for you! I think we can all agree gummy vitamins are just a bit easier to take, so with this baby, I’ve been taking Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA Gummy, 70ct. I’ll take two a day and be set!
I think once I run out of this last jar of gummies, I will probably switch to Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA Softgels. These only require to take one a day and provide essential vitamins and minerals including Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3. This are perfect to take during and after pregnancy.
2. Stretch mark lotion – I know it might seem crazy, but I start applying these creams and lotions as soon as I find out I’m pregnant. This help fight against stretch marks and itchiness (which associates with stretch marks) throughout your pregnancy. Palmers and Belli have been my tried and true brands during both pregnancies. I apply to my stomach, legs and booty every morning and night. I was lucky to not get stretch marks with Ava and I’m hoping for the same outcome this time.
3. Body Pillow – I’m pretty sure during my first pregnancy, I loved this pillow a little more than I loved my husband. Kidding…kind of. I started using this pillow around 23-24 weeks, and it’s definitely helped keep me comfortable as well as keep control of my sciatic nerve pain.
4. Cute Water Bottle – When I’m pregnant, I feel like I’m always thirsty so I like to find a cute water bottle that will keep my water super cold. This one also helps because it helps keep you on track with metrics.
5. Maternity leggings – Need I say more? I’ve linked a few of my favs below!
6. Ginger Ale – This was a lifesaver for me during the first trimester!
7. Pregnancy/baby books: I’m a book nerd, so when I was pregnant with Ava (and had the time to read), I love finding out what was happening with my body and baby each week as well as what to look forward to in the coming weeks. While every pregnancy is different, they help answer the common questions such as 1. When will I feel my baby kick? 2. When can I find out the gender? 3. When will my bump start to show?
8. Belly Band – You don’t necessarily need this in the first trimester, but as your bump grows, this will help with the added weight and pressure. I don’t know if it’s this boy, but I’m carrying much lower (like this boy is sitting on my bladder) this time around so I started using this around 28 weeks as well.
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite pregnancy items are!