This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of popchips.
This is my first Summer as a stay at home mom. Last Summer, weekdays were just another day, so I’m practically bursting with excitement for these days at home I get to cherish with Ava. In today’s post, I’ve partnered with popchips to share a list of 10 activities, indoor and outdoor, you can do with your toddler in the Summer!
- Splash Pad: Any kid is bound to have a blast running around at a local splash pad. I love that I don’t have to worry about the water getting too deep, such as at a pool. Do a quick search online and you’ll be surprised how many splash pads show up!
- Sensory Table: This is one of Ava’s favorite activities. This can easily be created with a water table or plastic bins you already have! Right now, we love filling up a plastic bin with an assortment of cups, pom poms, straws, and pasta shells.
- Visit a Museum: Find a local children’s museum for your kids to explore!
- Shaving Cream Play: This one can be messy, but very fun!
- Visit the Zoo: One tip for visiting the zoo in the Summer: be there when the zoo opens. It’ll be less crowded and you’ll hopefully beat the mid-day heat!
- Go Berry Picking: Not to far from us in Houston, we have a few strawberry and blueberry farms. Pack a lunch (and road snacks!) and make a day of it!
- Make Slime: A big hit these days. All you need is a few basics, with parent supervision, and you’ll have endless hours of fun!
- Head to a Bounce House: Another fun indoor activity! Since Ava is almost 2, we like to make sure there is a designated toddler area before going. Tip: Don’t go on a rainy day, everyone will be there.
- Finger Paint: Another fun, but messy activity. We will typically do this outside on the patio so she can easily be rinsed off.
- Make Sidewalk Art: For Ava, this is something special she does with her Mimi and Pops, but she LOVES playing with all of the colors and making doodles.
Whatever you decide to do with your kiddos, make sure snacks are packed or easily accessible. Hangry kids = no one’s happy! Our go to lately has been popchips! They have so many great flavors, mine being BBQ and Ava’s being Sea Salt. popchips are always gluten free and under 130 calories per serving, which is perfect healthy snack for you and your kids. Sun’s out, snacks out!